Registration: deadline 23rd of May
The inscription to the school is free of charge. Coffee breaks, lunches are included.
Financial support for PhD students: deadline 9th of May for applications
A few grants will be available to partially support PhD students for their accommodation and travelling expenses. Applications for these grants should be sent to:
- Marco Stratmann, Tübingen Universität (Germany)
Introduction to Perturbative QCD: partons, factorization, resummation, and all that. (6h)
Introduction to QCD. Partons. Application to the LHC or to an EIC.
- Markus Diehl, DESY (Germany)
Multiparton Interactions. (6h)
Space-time, spin and color structure of multiple parton interactions. Elements required for establishing all-order factorization. Constraints on multiparton distributions from general principles and phenomenology, connections with generalized parton distributions, and behavior at small interparton distances.
- Cédric Lorcé, IFPA Liège (Belgium)
- Raju Venugopalan, Brookhaven National Laboratory and Stony Brook University (USA)
- Leif Lönnblad, Lund University (Sweden)
- Abhay Deshpande, Stony Brook University (USA)
Short lectures :
- Paolo Bartalini, CERN and Central China Normal University (China)
Signals of MPI: current status and future experimental challenges? (1.5h)
Hints for MPI signals from ATLAS and CMS.
- Sarah Porteboeuf-Houssais, LPC Clermont Ferrand (France)
ALICE signals for MPI processes (1.5h)
Hints for MPI signals from ALICE.
- David Kosower, IPhT (France)
Introduction to On-Shell Methods in Quantum Field Theory (1.5h)
Recent theoretical developments in the computation of scattering amplitudes.