LSST@Europe in Lyon (France) is the third conference in the series.
The first, very successful, LSST@Europe conference was held in Cambridge, UK in September 2013. This meeting enabled close interaction between the LSST personnel and European scientists interested in LSST. Subsequently LSST@Europe2 was held in Belgrade, June 2016. This meeting included mini workshops addressing science case development of key European themes, together with addressing needs for LSST Level 3 data products.
Since these earlier meetings, many countries and institutions in Europe have now formalised their involvement in LSST. We aim to bring together these European scientists with an interest in LSST and to provide to them an opportunity to interact with leaders of LSST Project and LSST Science Collaborations, and among themselves.
The main objectives of the 2018 meeting are to:
- Provide an update on the status of the LSST Project and LSST Science Collaborations
- Further develop the network of European scientists involved in various aspects of LSST
- Provide an update on LSST Data Management Prompt (Level 1) and Data Release (Level 2) data products
- Discuss the European potential for the development of LSST User Contributed (Level 3) data products and tools
- Discuss the European potential for the development of LSST deep drilling field and mini-survey programs
- Via the LSST Science Collaboration parallel sessions, promote increased European scientist engagement
The registration will open on December 4th, 2017. The early registration deadline is April 6th, 2018.
|Advance Registration||Early Registration||Late Registration|
|PhD Student Fee||€213||€288|
The conference fee includes meeting lunches and the conference dinner.
Some travel support and special accommodation are available for students and/or early stage researchers. Requests have to be submitted before March 23rd, 2018 at this address.
For any question, feel free to contact the organizers at email@example.com.
This event is sponsored by: