The programme of the school is based on three blocks of topics, where each one is separated in lectures and parallel hands-on sessions. Python will be the language of reference during the school.
Block 1: efficient code writing
- Good code practice, traps to avoid
- Project management/organisation, continuous integration
- Profiling & debugging
Block 2: parallel & GPU programming
- Learn how to accelerate your code to be executed on several CPUs or on GPU cards
- Hands-on sessions to do it with real exercise in physics problematics
Block 3: Python libraries for astronomy & astrophysics
- Learn about libraries such as numpy, scipy, pandas, astropy, gammapy, numba, matplotlib, ...
On the last day of the school will take place a keynote lecture on a general interest subject related to the school thematic!
Here is a preliminary agenda for this school: