Travel and directions
Please note there is no drop off bus arranged for school participants on 8th and 9th June.
Annecy Bus station - Geneva Airport tickets : We recommend you to buy bus tickets online on following link
One way ticket cost = 14 euros.
Annecy-Lyon transfer: Participants can use this link for Annecy-Lyon Airport shuttle reservation.
For the directions to University Restaurant, Centre Jean 23, Annecy Downtown please see this map.
Directions to LAPP from Centre Jean 23 Guest House
Its about 13-14 mins walk, please find the directions here.
Directions to Centre Jean 23 Guest House from Annecy Train Station
- By Bus (for weekdays excluding holidays) : You can take either bus number 4 or bus number 2 from Annecy Station. See the directions with bus number 4 here (Bus Stop Name: IUT)& directions with bus number 2 here (Bus Stop Name: PESSE)
- Directions from IUT bus stop to Centre Jean 23 Guest house please see this map.
- Directions from PESSE bus stop to Centre Jean 23 Guest house please see this map.
- Last bus from Annecy Station to Campus leaves at 8.00PM. After 8pm on weekdays, see the schedule for Noctibus – M,N. Noctibuses run on weekdays from 8.30pm-1.00am except on Sundays and public holidays. Get down at IUT with Noctibuses.
- By car/taxi: Its about 12 mins drive from Annecy Train Station, see the directions here.
Coming from the Annecy city center to the LAPP
From the Annecy city center to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux :
- Take bus No. 2 or No. 4. You can take them either at the main station, Vaugelas or Bonlieu stops.
- If you take the bus No 2, make sure that the bus goes up to the stop CAMPUS. The buses indicated by V in the timetable do not go to CAMPUS
(but only to VIGNIERES).
- You can check the bus schedules on Sibra website. Enter departure stop as Gare Annecy Quai Sud and Arrival stop as Campus, Annecy-le-Vieux.
- Get down at the terminus of the line, the stop name is "CAMPUS".
- Take the road up to the roundabout featuring a copper LEP accelerating cavity
- The LAPP is on the left at the roundabout, hidden behind the Polytech building.
1 - From the Campus bus stop
2 - LAPP site entry
3 - LAPP building
Website of the public transport : Sibra
- From the Annecy train station to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map
Coming to the Annecy area
To reach our region, you have the choice through 2 main airports, in Lyon (France) or Geneva (Switzerland) or through a small one directly close to Annecy :
They are many direct trains from Paris (center) to Annecy (3h40): SNCF website
From the airports
- Geneva-Annecy-Geneva transfer : Please click here to download the excel sheet listing different options for Geneva -Annecy transit for 5th June, 9th June and 10th June.
Pickup Bus: A pick-up bus is arranged on 5th June (only) for the participants arriving in Geneva based upon their inputs to the logistics survey that was sent couple of weeks ago. There will be two pick up points.
- Geneva Airport: Please look out for ASTERICS placard at the Geneva Airport Terminal T1 Arrival section. Please note that bus will depart from Airport at 17h00 sharp. In case if you cannot make it on time, the bus will have to leave without you.
- Geneva Train Station (Cornavin): The bus will be parked at the Geneva Cornavin Station entrance. Please look out for the ASTERICS placard at this meeting point. Please note that bus will depart from train station at 17h30 sharp. In case if you cannot make it on time, the bus will have to leave without you.
- Lyon-Annecy-Lyon transfer: Participants arriving in Lyon can use this link for Lyon Airport – Annecy shuttle reservation.
- In case if none of the existing transit options suit you, you can coordinate with other participants with similar arrival schedule to share a taxi from Geneva to Annecy. You can use this google sheet to share your arrival schedule and contact details with other participants to share a taxi from Geneva-Annecy.
A lot more expensive (about 80-100€) than the bus, attractive only if you can share the transportation.
For these companies, you have to book your place in advance.
- website for Ligne Directe tel : +33 (0)4 50 51 20 08
Cars can also be rented on arrival at the Geneva or Lyon airports.
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the Annecy town : see map
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the Annecy town : see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map