To reach our region, you have the choice through 2 main airports, in Lyon (France) or Geneva (Switzerland) or through a small one directly close to Annecy :
They are many direct trains from Paris (center) to Annecy (3h40): SNCF website
There are also trains from Milan to Annecy.
From the airports to Annecy
Although not mandatory, you could rent a car on arrival at Geneva or Lyon airport, which will ease all transport to, from and around Annecy.
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the Annecy town : see map
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the Annecy town : see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map
From CERN to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux :
- Drive from CERN towards Geneva on "route de Meyrin"; pass airport and soon after Jumbo, turn RIGHT onto the motorway to "FRANCE", La Praille.
- Follow motorway all the way to customs and go through customs; continue on motorway, on the two left lines and stay on the motorway towards Annecy. Go through the "peage" in Allonzier and continue on the motorway. Then take the first exit (Annecy-Nord).
- After the peage, go through one roundabout (following Annecy); at the second roundabout, go round a bit less than 270 degrees, direction "Thones".
- Go onto a sort of fast road; stay on the right and follow "Thones", "parc des Glaisins". You reach a roundabout; go round ~180 degrees and again follow "Thones", "parc des glaisins" and go onto the fast road.
- Follow this fast road to its end. At exit, take the first road on the right at the roundabout.
- Go round 2/3 of the next roundabout and take the road signed to LAPP. LAPP is just on the right of the LEP accelerating cavity.
- When coming into LAPP, the person at the "ACCUEIL" will announce you.
A lot more expensive (about 80-100 Euros) than the bus, attractive if you can share the transportation. For these compagnies, you have to book your place in advance.
- website for Aero Taxi tel : +33 (0)4 50 08 08 90
- website for Ligne Directe tel : +33 (0)4 50 51 20 08
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the Annecy city center : Frossard bus schedules
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the Annecy city center : Shuttles schedules
By a SPECIAL shuttle:
From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the Annecy city center :
- February 17, around 18:30 (more details later)
Directly from the LAPP laboratory to the Geneva-Cointrin airport :
- February 19, time to be fixed later