Coming to Annecy
You can choose either of the two airports to arrive in Annecy, Lyon Airport (France) or Geneva Airport (Switzerland) :
We expect you to arrive at the Geneva Airport on 7 April 2019. A pick-up bus will be arranged for the participants arriving in Geneva on 7 April 2019. There will be two pick up points.
- Geneva Airport: Please look out for ASTERICS placard at the Geneva Airport Terminal 1 arrivals section. Please note that bus will depart from Airport at 17h00 . In case if you cannot make it on time, the bus will have to leave without you.
- Geneva Train Station (Cornavin): The bus will be parked at the Geneva Cornavin Station. Please look out for the ASTERICS placard at this meeting point. Please note that bus will depart from train station at 17h30 . In case if you cannot make it on time, the bus will have to leave without you.
In case if you miss the pickup bus, you will either need to get a taxi from Geneva or take the last bus from Geneva Eaux Vives to Annecy at 21h15.
For the return on Saturday 13th, no school bus is organized since there are different options for public bus. From Annecy gare routière, you could take a bus either for Geneva airport or Geneva center. Please check the Transalis website. Here is the schedule for bus to Geneva airport (Transalis):
There are frequent direct trains from Paris (center) to Annecy (3h40): SNCF website
Cars can also be rented on arrival at the Geneva or Lyon airports.
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the Annecy town : see map
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the Annecy town : see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map
Directions to LAPP from Centre Jean 23 Guest House
Its about 13-14 mins walk, please find the directions here.
Directions to Centre Jean 23 Guest House from Annecy Train Station
- By Bus (for weekdays excluding holidays) : You can take either bus number 4 or bus number 2 from Annecy Station. See the directions with bus number 4 here (Bus Stop Name: IUT)& directions with bus number 2 here (Bus Stop Name: PESSE)
- Directions from IUT bus stop to Centre Jean 23 Guest house please see this map.
- Directions from PESSE bus stop to Centre Jean 23 Guest house please see this map.
- Last bus from Annecy Station to Campus leaves at 8.00PM. After 8pm on weekdays, see the schedule for Noctibus – M,N. Noctibuses run on weekdays from 8.30pm-1.00am except on Sundays and public holidays. Get down at IUT with Noctibuses.
- By car/taxi: Its about 12 mins drive from Annecy Train Station, see the directions here.
Coming from the Annecy city center to the LAPP
From the Annecy city center to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux :
- Take bus No. 2 or No. 4. You can take them either at the main station, Vaugelas or Bonlieu stops.
- If you take the bus No 2, make sure that the bus goes up to the stop CAMPUS. The buses indicated by V in the timetable do not go to CAMPUS
(but only to VIGNIERES).
- You can check the bus schedules on Sibra website. Enter departure stop as Gare Annecy Quai Sud and Arrival stop as Campus, Annecy-le-Vieux.
- Get down at the terminus of the line, the stop name is "CAMPUS".
- Take the road up to the roundabout featuring a copper LEP accelerating cavity
- The LAPP is on the left at the roundabout, hidden behind the Polytech building.
1 - From the Campus bus stop
2 - LAPP site entry
3 - LAPP building
Website of the public transport : Sibra
- From the Annecy train station to the laboratory in Annecy : see map