Coming to the Annecy area
The best airport for travelling to and from Annecy is Geneva airport, though Lyon airport is also an option.
There are many direct trains from Paris to Annecy (3h40): SNCF website
Coming from Geneva airport
The cheapest way to reach Annecy from Geneva airport is to take a bus, but buses do not run very frequently so this may or may not be convenient depending on your schedule. Information can be found on this website.
We have also negotiated rates with ACTUEL TAXI, a company providing shuttle service from/to Geneva airport to/from Annecy downtown. If you would like to book this service, you should send an email (in English) to ACTUEL TAXI, mentioning "GWPAW-LAPP" and providing the following information:
- Your name and mobile phone number
- Date and time of your flight, and flight number
- Drop off / pick up location (Imperial, or your hotel name)
The one-way rates (tax included) are the following:
- From 1 to 4 persons: 84 euros (Mon-Fri day rate, 8 am - 7 pm) or 109.83 euros (weekend, holiday, or night rate),
- For 5 persons: 90.45 euros (day rate) or 116.30 euros (weekend, holiday, or night rate).
To keep individual rates as low as possible, the company has agreed to gather GWPAW participants together into groups if possible, but you are also very welcome to make joint reservations. You will have to pay the driver with cash (euros) or credit card.
The driver will meet you in the arrival hall of the main exit (on the Swiss side) of the airport, carrying a "LAPP" sign.
ACTUEL TAXI can be reached 24/7 at these phone numbers: +33 3450080890 or +33 698837575. Please make sure to let them know if you get significantly delayed, as waiting times beyond 15 minutes will be charged.