The workshop takes place at LAPP:
LAPP (Laboratoire d'Annecy de Physique des Particules)
9 Chemin de Bellevue - BP 110
F-74941 ANNECY CEDEX - FRANCE
GPS coordinates: N 45° 55’ 14.002’’ - E 6° 9’ 33.998’’
Phone: +33 4 50 09 16 00
► Shuttle CERN-LAPP:
A shuttle will be set up:
- from CERN to LAPP on the 21st of March 2018 at 10.30 a.m., it will arrive at LAPP at 11.30 a.m.
- from LAPP to CERN on the 23rd of March 2018 at 12.45 p.m., it will arrive at CERN at 1.45 p.m.
Please note that there is a limited number of seats (max: 57 seats), if you want to use the shuttle, you must choose this option in the registration.
► By car from CERN:
It takes about 40 minutes. A Google map can be found here: see map.
► By plane:
The best way to arrive in Annecy by plane is to book a flight to Genève-Cointrin airport, which is 40 minutes’ drive from the laboratory.
It is also possible to arrive in Annecy by Lyon St Exupéry airport but it is about 1h30 drive from the laboratory.
From the airports
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the Annecy city center: Transalis Shuttle T72 Annecy - Geneva
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the Annecy city center: OUIBUS - Annecy
A lot more expensive (about 80-120 Euros) than the bus, attractive only if you can share the transportation. For these compagnies, you have to book your place in advance.
- website for Ligne Directe tel : +33 (0)4 50 51 20 08
Cars can also be rented on arrival at the Geneva or Lyon airports.
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to LAPP: see map
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the Annecy downtown: see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to LAPP: see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the Annecy downtown: see map
► By train:
Annecy is very well connected by the French train network especially by daily non-stop high speed trains (TGV) connecting Annecy-Paris with a transit time of about 3h45. For those arriving from other French cities, many regional trains (TER) also connect Annecy to other major cities (Lyon, Grenoble, Valence, Chambéry...) in the region.
- SNCF website (train)
► By public transports from Annecy downtown:
Take bus No. 2 or No. 4. (one ticket valid for one hour after punching: 1.40 €)
It takes approximately 25 minutes from Annecy downtown to LAPP.
You can take them at the train station stop "GARE QUAI SUD" or near your downtown-hotel stops "VAUGELAS" or "BONLIEU".
If you take the bus No 2, make sure that the bus goes up to the stop CAMPUS. The buses indicated by V in the timetable do not go to CAMPUS (but only to VIGNIERES).
You can check the bus schedules on Sibra website. Enter departure stop as Gare Annecy Quai Sud and Arrival stop as Campus.
Get down at the terminus of the line, the stop name is "CAMPUS".
Take the road up to the roundabout featuring a copper LEP accelerating cavity
The LAPP is on the left at the roundabout, hidden behind the Polytech building.
1 - From the Campus bus stop
2 - LAPP site entry
3 - LAPP building
Sibra website (bus)