- Marco Stratmann, Brookhaven National Laboratory (USA)
Partons Distribution Functions and the LHC (6h)
Introduction to QCD. Partons. Application to the LHC or to an EIC.
- Markus Diehl, DESY (Germany)
Multi Parton Interactions (6h)
Space-time, spin and color structure of multiple parton interactions. Elements required for establishing all-order factorization. Constraints on multiparton distributions from lattice calculations, connections with generalized parton distributions, and behavior at large transverse parton momenta.
- Cédric Lorcé, IPNO (France) and IFPA Liège (Belgium)
distributions, Wigner functions. Spin and energy momentum structure.
- Raju Venugopalan, Brookhaven National Laboratory and Stony Brook University (USA)
- Leif Lönnblad, Lund Observatory (Sweden)
Monte Carlo even generators, parton showers, multi parton interactions.
- Abhay Deshpande, Stony Brook University (USA)
Short lectures :
- Paolo Bartalini, CERN and Central China Normal University (China)
CMS and ATLAS signals for MPI processes (1.5h)
Hints for MPI signals from ATLAS and CMS.
- Sarah Porteboeuf-Houssais, LPC Clermont Ferrand (France)
ALICE signals for MPI processes (1.5h)
Hints for MPI signals from ALICE.
- David Kosower, IPhT (France)
Introduction to multi-gluons processes (1.5h)
Recent theoretical developments in the computation of scattering amplitudes.
Student seminars :
There will be five 30 min. slots (one each day) devoted to informal seminars from volunteer students attending the schools.