Focus group 2 call

Europe/Paris
Description

Zoom Meeting Room

 +496950502596,,96313571326#,,,,,,0#,,6668411351# Germany
 +496971049922,,96313571326#,,,,,,0#,,6668411351# Germany
  • Dial by your location
 +49 695 050 2596 Germany
 +49 69 7104 9922 Germany
 +49 30 5679 5800 Germany
 +49 69 3807 9883 Germany

 

    • 3:30 PM 4:00 PM
      OSSR contribution policy: Current policy status & ideas for the future
      Convener: Dr Thomas Vuillaume (LAPP, CNRS)

      Pre-meeting notes:

      https://gitlab.in2p3.fr/escape2020/wp3/eossr/-/wikis/OSSR-contribution-policy

       

      Meeting notes:

      # Curation process

      • the group likes the idea of opening and automatizing the curation process (also good for the future of ESCAPE)
      • the technical details of the zenodo-curation-repo should be refined
      • TODO: create a first board of curators and review the current requests in the OSSR

      # Policy changes and evolution

      • The policy is still evolving quickly and should reach a final state after feedback from EOSC guidelines --> aiming for 1st published version of the OSSR policy (requirements + recommendations) next spring
      • Then, we'll go through every record in the OSSR to see if they meet the requirements
      • The fact that the policy may evolve should be in the user agreement
      • TODO: check if a maintainer contact info can be retrieved from a record (a record knows its maintainer ID - is there more through the API?) - Otherwise this information should be in the metadata (codemeta.json)
      • TODO: open a repository to draft the OSSR policy that will then be versionned, published in Zenodo and these can turned into automatic checks

      # (Computing) Environment file

      • the group agrees we should require a machine-readable environment file in general (without further details)
      • some guidelines or suggestions could also be given (Dockerfile?)
      • TODO: open an issue in ossr-pages to discuss how to add that check in the current guidelines

       

      call >1h ==> Follow-up discussion in a follow-up call

    • 4:00 PM 4:30 PM
      OSSR contribution policy: Discussion
      Convener: Dr Thomas Vuillaume (LAPP, CNRS)

      Pre-meeting notes:

      https://gitlab.in2p3.fr/escape2020/wp3/eossr/-/wikis/OSSR-contribution-policy

       

      Meeting notes:

      # Curation process

      • the group likes the idea of opening and automatizing the curation process (also good for the future of ESCAPE)
      • the technical details of the zenodo-curation-repo should be refined
      • TODO: create a first board of curators and review the current requests in the OSSR

      # Policy changes and evolution

      • The policy is still evolving quickly and should reach a final state after feedback from EOSC guidelines --> aiming for 1st published version of the OSSR policy (requirements + recommendations) next spring
      • Then, we'll go through every record in the OSSR to see if they meet the requirements
      • The fact that the policy may evolve should be in the user agreement
      • TODO: check if a maintainer contact info can be retrieved from a record (a record knows its maintainer ID - is there more through the API?) - Otherwise this information should be in the metadata (codemeta.json)
      • TODO: open a repository to draft the OSSR policy that will then be versionned, published in Zenodo and these can turned into automatic checks

      # (Computing) Environment file

      • the group agrees we should require a machine-readable environment file in general (without further details)
      • some guidelines or suggestions could also be given (Dockerfile?)
      • TODO: open an issue in ossr-pages to discuss how to add that check in the current guidelines

       

      call >1h ==> Follow-up discussion in a follow-up call