In case of emergency
- Please call 112 to contact fireman/ambulance/police (English speaker)
- Closest Hospital is La Timone: 64, Rue Saint Pierre, 13005 Marseille
- Contact of local organizers :
- Eric KAJFASZ +33 6 72 07 48 58
- Angélique PEPE + 33 6 85 90 18 82
As in all major cities, apply some common sense attention to your belongings: do not leave your bags open, your valuables in plain sight, your phones and laptops unattended and do not carry big amounts of cash with you.
Tips to visit the city on your own
Marseille is the oldest city in France, created in 600 BC by the greeks from Phocea.
Web site of Marseille public transportation (RTM in English)
Web site of the Calanques National Park
The Calanques are series of mini "fjords" set in white limestone cliffs just next to the city of Marseille. It is possible to go there by bus and walk (Callelongue: line 19+20. Sormiou: line 23. Morgiou: line 22, Luminy: line 21).