To reach our region, you have the choice through 2 main airports, in Lyon (France) or Geneva (Switzerland) or through a small one directly close to Annecy :
They are many direct trains from Paris (center) to Annecy (3h40): SNCF website
From the airports
Although not mandatory, you could rent a car on arrival at Geneva or Lyon airport, which will ease all transport to, from and around Annecy.
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the Annecy town : see map
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the Annecy town : see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map
From CERN to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux :
Drive from CERN towards Geneva on "route de Meyrin"; pass airport and soon after Jumbo, turn RIGHT onto the motorway to "FRANCE", La Praille.
**** During the road-work on route de Meyrin, turn right at the first traffic light after CERN and then left at the next traffic light. Go through 3 or 4 roundabouts heading towards Geneva and take the motorway towards France on the right.
- Follow motorway all the way to customs and go through customs; continue on motorway, on the two left lines and stay on the motorway towards Annecy. Go through the "peage" in Allonzier and continue on the motorway. Then take the first exit (Annecy-Nord).
- After the peage, go through one roundabout (following Annecy); at the second roundabout, go round a bit less than 270 degrees, direction "Thones".
- Go onto a sort of fast road; stay on the right and follow "Thones", "parc des Glaisins". You reach a roundabout; go round ~180 degrees and again follow "Thones", "parc des glaisins" and go onto the fast road.
- Follow this fast road to its end. At exit, take the first road on the right at the roundabout.
- Go round 2/3 of the next roundabout and take the road signed to LAPP. LAPP is just on the right of the LEP accelerating cavity.
- When coming into LAPP, the person at the "ACCUEIL" will announce you.
- Drive from CERN towards Geneva on "route de Meyrin"; pass airport and soon after Jumbo, turn RIGHT onto the motorway to "FRANCE", La Praille.
A lot more expensive (about 80-100 Euros) than the bus, attractive if you can share the transportation. For these compagnies, you have to book your place in advance.
- website for Aero Taxi tel : +33 (0)4 50 08 08 90
- website for Ligne Directe tel : +33 (0)4 50 51 20 08
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the Annecy city center : Frossard bus schedules
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the Annecy city center : Shuttles schedules
How to go from the Annecy city center to the laboratory in Annecy-le-VieuxBy car:
- From the Annecy train station to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map
The price of the bus ticket is 1.20€, valid for one way and up to 2 buses for the same travel.
From the Annecy city center to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux :
- Take bus No. 2 or No. 4. You can take them either at the main station, Vaugelas or Bonlieu stops (indicated in the Annecy center map below).
- If you take the bus No 2, make sure that the bus goes up to the stop CAMPUS. The buses indicated by V in the timetable does not go to CAMPUS (but to VIGNIERES).
- Stop at the terminus of the line, the stop name is "CAMPUS".
- Take the road up to the roundabout topped by a cavity of an ancient copper accelerating structure dating LEP.
- The LAPP is on the left at the roundabout, hidden behind the Polytech building.
structure on the
|Entry of the LAPP site|
Website of the bus company : Sibra