The LabEx UnivEarthS is pleased to invite you to its 9th scientific committee, to be held on Thursday 7 & Friday 8 November 2019 in Paris (poster attached below).
Science policy and the new program of UnivEarthS are evaluated by the scientific committee.
Reflecting the different research areas of the Labex, the scientific committee is composed of French and international high-level scientists.
It is chaired by George Smoot (Nobel Prize in Physics 2006) and co-chaired by Sotiris Loucatos (APC and Irfu). Twelve other members were appointed on the 1st of July, 2019:
- Ursula Bassler (IN2P3, CNRS)
- Liane Benning (Interface Geochemistry, GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, Potsdam, Germany)
- Maud Boyet (OPGV-Laboratoire Magma et Volcans, Clermont-Ferrand)
- Anny Cazenave (Laboratoire d’Etudes en Géophysique et Océanographie Spatiales, Toulouse)
- Donald B. Dingwell (Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Munich, Germany)
- Guillaume Dubus (Institut de Planétologie et d’Astrophysique de Grenoble, CNRS, Université Grenoble Alpes)
- Fernando Ferroni (Gran Sasso Science Institute and INFN Roma, Italia)
- Anna Franckowiak (Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY, Germany)
- Juan-José Hernandez-Rey (Instituto de Física Corpuscular, University of Valencia, Espana)
- Catherine L. Johnson (Department of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver)
- Augusto Neri (Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia, Pisa, Italia)
- David Shoemaker (Kavli Institute for Astrophysics and Space Research, MIT, Cambridge, USA)