Coming to Annecy
You can choose either of the two airports to arrive in Annecy, Lyon Airport (France) or Geneva Airport (Switzerland) :
Pick up and drop off services to Geneva
- To facilitate the transit from the Geneva Airport to Annecy we have arranged pick up and drop off taxis.
- All the participants have been provided with their respective pick up and drop off schedule.
- At the Geneva Airport, please look out for the LAPP Placard at the arrival terminal on the Swiss side.
- The drop off location on the 6th February will be Annecy Train Station.
- The drop off location on the 7th February will be CNRS-LAPP.
- Please contact Mme. Corinne FEULLAR if you need further details about your pickup or dropoff. Tel 04 50 09 16 05 email : email@example.com
Please note that if you have registered for the event after 31st January 2019, you will not be having a pick-up taxi arranged at the Geneva Airport.
- You can use the https://www.transalis.fr/en#/ bus services from Geneva Airport.
- Please select Annecy Gare Routiere as the final destination for your bus booking.
- One way bus ticket costs 14 euros and it is recommended to book the ticket online.
There are frequent direct trains from Paris (center) to Annecy (3h40): SNCF website
Cars can also be rented on arrival at the Geneva or Lyon airports.
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the Annecy town : see map
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the Annecy town : see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map
Coming from the Annecy city center to the LAPP
From the Annecy city center to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux :
- Take bus No. 2 or No. 4. You can take them either at the main station, Vaugelas or Bonlieu stops. Ticket cost 1.50 euros per person and it is valid for an hour. You can buy tickets on the bus only by cash payment.
- If you take the bus No 2, make sure that the bus goes up to the stop CAMPUS. The buses indicated by V in the timetable do not go to CAMPUS
(but only to VIGNIERES).
- You can check the bus schedules on Sibra website. Enter departure stop as Gare Annecy Quai Sud and Arrival stop as Campus, Annecy-le-Vieux.
- Get down at the terminus of the line, the stop name is "CAMPUS".
- Take the road up to the roundabout featuring a copper LEP accelerating cavity
- The LAPP is on the left at the roundabout, hidden behind the Polytech building.
1 - From the Campus bus stop
2 - LAPP site entry
3 - LAPP building
Website of the public transport : Sibra
- From the Annecy train station to the laboratory in Annecy : see map