- Coming to the Annecy area
- From the airports
- Coming from the CERN to the LAPP
- How to go from Annecy center to the laboratory
Coming to the Annecy area
To reach our region, you have the choice through 2 main airports, in Lyon (France) or Geneva (Switzerland) or through a small one directly close to Annecy :
They are many direct trains from Paris (center) to Annecy (3h40): SNCF website
If you're coming from Italy, Lyon and Geneva can also be reached by train.
From the airports
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the Annecy city center : Frossard bus schedules
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the Annecy city center : Shuttles schedules, more Information
A lot more expensive (about 80-100 Euros) than the bus, attractive only if you can share the transportation. For these compagnies, you have to book your place in advance.
- website for Aero Taxi tel : +33 (0)4 50 08 08 90
- website for Ligne Directe tel : +33 (0)4 50 51 20 08
Cars can also be rented on arrival at the Geneva or Lyon airports.
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the Annecy town : see map
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the Annecy town : see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map
Coming from the CERN to the LAPP
A google map with the main workshop locations can be found here
How to go from the Annecy city center to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux
The price of the bus ticket is 1.40€, valid for one way and up to 1 connection.
- From the Annecy city center to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux :
- Take bus No. 2 or No. 4. You can take them either at the main station, Vaugelas or Bonlieu stops (indicated in the Annecy center map below).
- If you take the bus No 2, make sure that the bus goes up to the stop CAMPUS. The buses indicated by V in the timetable do not go to CAMPUS (but to VIGNIERES).
- Stop at the terminus of the line, the stop name is "CAMPUS".
- Take the road up to the roundabout featuring a copper LEP accelerating cavity
- The LAPP is on the left at the roundabout, hidden behind the Polytech building.
|1 - From de Campus bus stop|
|2 - LAPP site entry||3 - LAPP building|
Website of the bus company : Sibra
- From the Annecy train station to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map