Francesco Sannino (CP3 Odense)
Circa 95% of the universe is made of unknown forms of matter and energy, while to describe the remaining 5% one needs at least three fundamental forces, i.e. Quantum Electrodynamics (QED), Weak Interactions and Quantum Chromo Dynamics (QCD). Furthermore strong interactions are responsible for creating the bulk of the bright mass, i.e. the 5%. It is therefore natural to expect that to correctly...
Marco Serone (SISSA)
We discuss how the bootstrap approach can be used to possibly set constraints on composite Higgs models, where the strongly coupled sector is assumed to be a spontaneously broken CFT with a global symmetry. As a preliminary step in this direction, we analyze the bounds on the OPE coefficients of the conserved vector currents associated with the groups SO(N), SU(N) and SO(N)xSO(M) under the...
Gabriele Ferretti (Chalmers U.)
We present some four-dimensional purely fermionic gauge theories that give a UV completion of composite Higgs models. We start at the group theoretical level, addressing the necessary (but not sufficient) conditions for the viability of these models, such as the existence of top partners and custodial symmetry. We then study the dynamics of one of the most promising models, based on a SU(4)...
Oleg Antipin (INFN & Firenze U.)
Assuming that mass scales arise in nature only via dimensional transmutation, we extend the dimension-less Standard Model by adding vector-like fermions charged under a new strong gauge interaction. Their non-perturbative dynamics generates a mass scale that is transmitted to the elementary Higgs boson by electro-weak and possibly Yukawa interactions. In its minimal version the model has the...
Seung Joon Lee (KAIST)
We study a model in which dark matter couples to the Standard Model through a dilaton of a sector with spontaneously broken approximate scale invariance. Scale invariance fixes the dilaton couplings to the standard model and dark matter fields, leaving only three free parameters: the symmetry breaking scale f, the dilaton mass m_dilaton , and the dark matter mass m_DM. One of these parameters...
Mads Frandsen (CP3 Origins)
In this talk I study a simple, experimentally viable effective Lagrangian, the Custodial Vector Model with symmetries protecting the (composite) Higgs couplings and the values of the electroweak parameters - Essentially the 'degenerate-BESS' model with a Higgs state. I will use this model as a basis to discuss how underlying strong dynamics may give rise to SM Higgs like state at LHC....
Thomas Flacke (KAIST)
Composite Higgs Models predict quark partners at the TeV scale which can be produced at the LHC Run II. The decay of such heavy quark partners lead to highly boosted objects in the final state (e.g. tops, Higgses and electroweak gauge bosons) which require refined search strategies. In this talk we propose boosted object searches which utilizes a simplified b-tagging procedure and the Template...
Claudio Pica (CP3 Odense)
I will summarize the recent efforts to investigate composite (goldstone) Higgs models on the lattice, with a focus on the current numerical results relevant for the LHC experiments and the challenges waiting to be addressed in the future.