- WP5 workshop (from John):
Based on the responses received, we'll hold our WP5 workshop on the morning of Thursday 5 August. Apologies to those of you who can't make it; everybody else, please reserve a spot in your diary.
An Indico page for this meeting has been created at https://indico.in2p3.fr/event/24716/. Further information, including connection details and an agenda, will be forthcoming.
As per the description below, expect the content to focus on a summary of the current status of ESAP, an evaluation of how it addresses use cases, and a strategic discussion of upcoming development. I'm still soliciting contributions or suggestions for the workshop; please reach out to me directly with ideas.
Progress with FENIX(HPC)
integration of AAI ongoing - to have ESCAPE IAM as a trusted IdP; (Aim to achieve this before summer holidays)
Next step to demonstrate data transfer from Data Lake to an HPC archival system (at CSCS?); prior to being able to organise a full workflow.
Topics/agenda for the technical day of the GA meeting - what is most important to discuss? Potentially:
- Fairly detailed technical explanation of the technical WPs (not just a status report, but, e.g. explain how the data lake works, explain the VO, expose the ESAP vision, …). Wp2, 3, 4, 5 + Citizen science could be involved
- Presentations from the ESFRIs and other project RIs - what do they need from the project in terms of success for them in ESCAPE? What do they need to implement etc. We started this in the technical coordination, but its an opportunity to find synergies.
- Discussion and presentation of the TSP plans
- Discuss engagement with EOSC-Future, i.e. how ESFRIs provide feedback etc
- Discuss potential engagement with other clusters - although perhaps this may come in the GA meeting.