Travel and directions
Coming to the Annecy area
To reach our region, you have the choice through 2 main airports, in Lyon (France) or Geneva (Switzerland) or through a small one directly close to Annecy :
They are many direct trains from Paris (center) to Annecy (3h40): SNCF website
From the airports
A lot more expensive (about 80-100€) than the bus, attractive only if you can share the transportation.
For these compagnies, you have to book your place in advance.
Cars can also be rented on arrival at the Geneva or Lyon airports.
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the Annecy town : see map
- From the Geneva-Cointrin airport to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the Annecy town : see map
- From the Lyon-St Exupéry airport to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map
Coming from the CERN to the LAPP
A google map with the main workshop locations can be found here
Coming from the Annecy city center to the LAPP
The price of the bus ticket is 1.40€, valid for one way and up to 1 connection.
From the Annecy city center to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux :
- Take bus No. 2 or No. 4. You can take them either at the main station, Vaugelas or Bonlieu stops (indicated in the Annecy center map below).
- If you take the bus No 2, make sure that the bus goes up to the stop CAMPUS. The buses indicated by V in the timetable do not go to CAMPUS
(but only to VIGNIERES).
- Stop at the terminus of the line, the stop name is "CAMPUS".
- Take the road up to the roundabout featuring a copper LEP accelerating cavity
- The LAPP is on the left at the roundabout, hidden behind the Polytech building.
1 - From the Campus bus stop
2 - LAPP site entry
3 - LAPP building
Website of the public transport : Sibra
- From the Annecy train station to the laboratory in Annecy-le-Vieux : see map